RHINOPOXY ULTRA is a versatile and durable epoxy coating. This two component high solids epoxy is a modified polyamidoamine epoxy that offers excellent resistance to chemicals, corrosion and severe environments. This product may be used alone or as part of a system as an intermediate tie-coat or finish coat. It offers an attractive semi-gloss finish.
To protect steel, concrete, masonry and drywall substrates from chemical and corrosion attack. RHINOPOXY ULTRA protects against abrasion, moisture, corrosive fumes, chemical contact and immersion or constant humidity. It is ideal for industrial settings such as tanks, chemical plants, power plants and structural steel.
Not for potable water service. Do not use for immersion service above 120F (49C). Not recommended for mineral or organic acids.
For rusted steel, use as a second coat and prime with RHINO RUST BOND. For direct to surface applications:
– Steel Immersion: For water immersion use SSPC-SP 10 Near White Blast and remove all surface contaminants. Other recommended immersion SSPC-SP5 White Metal Blast. Vacuum after blasting and recoat all blasted area the same day. Prime with RHINO RUST BOND or a zinc primer.
– Galvanized, Aluminum or stainless steel prime with a vinyl wash primer
– Concrete: New concrete must be cured 30 days prior to painting. Prepare surface with sandblast or acid etch (especially concrete floors). For best results, thin first coat 50% and follow one or two full coats of RHINOPOXY ULTRA.
– Coverage depends on application. Please call Amcoat for guidance.
– Dry Film Thickness: 3.0 to 6.0 mils per coat
– Wet Film Thickness: 6.0 to 10 mils
Blend Ratio: One part RHINOPOXY ULTRA ACTIVATOR to four parts RHINOPOXY ULTRA base. Power agitate until components are thoroughly mixed. Allow mixed components to stand fifteen minutes prior to application
– Pot Life: Six hours at 80˚F, decreasing at higher temperature
– Airless Spray: Use .017-.021 tip; 60 mesh filter; 30:1 pump ratio at 60-100 psi operating air pressure
– Conventional Spray: Follow instructions of equipment manufacturer for the application of epoxy paints
– Roll: Use lambswool cover. Additional coats may be required to achieve desired film thickness
– Brush: Use natural bristle brush. Additional coats may be required to achieve desired film thickness
Use this product only if the substrate temperature and ambient air temperature is above 40˚F and is expected to not decrease for at least two hours after application. Also the substrate temperature must be 5˚F above the dew point for a period of at least two hours after application to avoid condensation occurring on wet paint
Clean up all spills and overspray immediately while the coating is still wet with warm soapy water. Xylene may be used for final rinse of tools and equipment.
|SOLIDS BY WEIGHT||74% +/- 1%|
|SOLIDS BY VOLUME||60% +/- 1%|
|V.O.C.’S (unthinned)||<3.2 lbs/Gal, <380 g/Liter|
|V.O.C.’s (thinned 10%)||<3.5 lbs/Gal, <430 g/Liter|
|DRY TO TOUCH||7 hours @ 80°F|
|RECOAT||50°F or higher overnight;
40°F to 50°F, second day
|GALLON WEIGHT||10.6 +/- 2 lbs/Gal|
|*High film thickness, low temperature and/or poor ventilation will retard dry time|
For More Information
Fill out the form & we will get back to you ASAP or call us at (850)424-6805.